- go into the game with some football knowledge. first things first, please know what teams are playing on sunday. that’s something that i shouldn’t have to say, but i am, just in case. if you are unaware of who is playing, can fill you in… the denver broncos and the seattle seahawks. also having some idea of football terms and logistics will go a long way, so this guide will provide you with the help you need.
- deliver the goods. this sounds like a drug deal, and i swear it’s not. if you’re going to a party, bring something! it doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but the super bowl is one of the best days during the year (in addition to thanksgiving) to eat a ton of food and drink a lot of beer. if you want to impress your fellow football viewers, here are a few simple recipes that look delicious: one, two, three.
- get your game day look. if you’re rooting for a team, rep their gear. if you don’t have a team, embrace some jeans and a comfy top. i’m currently deciding between wearing my friday night lights shirt or a football jersey-style shirt i have. decisions, decisions. you’ll be eating, and possibly jumping up and down (whether it’s for good/bad reasons), and you’ll need to be wearing clothes that let you move (and breathe after eating one too many doritos).
- check out the commercials. some of this year’s commercials for the super bowl have started trickling in, and they are great. i love watching the game, but the commercials are great too, and it’s something I always look forward to. anna kendrick is great in this ad, budweiser has already debuted two commercials (one and two), which may or may not have made me cry, and bud light’s commercial is straight out of someone’s wildest dreams.
- enjoy it. it’s as simple as that. for those of us who don’t have their team playing, it may be slightly more enjoyable because of the missing stress that comes from having your team play, but still. tomorrow is just one of those days that many look forward to, whether it’s for the game, the food, or even the commercials. happy super bowl 48! (and p.s. go broncos)
after having monday off because of martin luther king, jr. day, tuesday off for a snow day, delayed openings on wednesday a.k.a. cancelled morning classes, and no class on fridays, i have really only been to classes today. basically i feel like this week has turned into a weekend, and since it feels like a weekend i decided to do my link loving post a little bit earlier than usual. so without further ado, this is what i’ve been looking up:
i feel like i’ve mentioned this before but i love lions. it probably stems from spending a good part of my childhood watching the lion king, but i’m going to be dramatic and call it fate. i’m also a leo, so that helps, and my hair on good and bad days alike can resemble that of a lion’s mane. embracing it has been a lifelong process, but it’s something i’m working on. before i totally tangent, i’ll get back to the point. this video is everything. it’s an encounter between kevin richardson and the lions that love him like family. it’s as crazy and amazing as it sounds, and i’ll admit it had me tearing up.
i recently found these illustrations on instagram and i’m obsessed. the artist, sally spratt, basically paints anything she’s lusting after and it always looks amazing. also, half the time she makes we want everything she’s drawing… so there’s that.
when i study/do work/basically do anything i always listen to music. without it i get really distracted. i have multiple itunes playlists and pandora stations i go through, but last week i found songza and i’m obsessed. depending on the time of day and the day of the week there are different curated playlists and from what i’ve listened to they’re all really good. i’m still pretty new to the site, but these are the playlists i’ve been listening to.
there isn’t much of a description needed for this next link. all that needs to be said is that beyoncé opened up her online store and i proceeded to lose it. here are a few of my favorites: the burnout shirt and the surfboard sweatshirt
oyster is the new netflix for books and my newest obsession. for 9.99 a month you can read anything you want. as someone who loves to read, it’s kind of perfect.
one of the most inspiring commercials i’ve seen, and i promise you’ll love it too.
last summer i was on the hunt for a shark tooth necklace. when i say shark tooth necklace i bet you picture a big white tooth on a black cord with maybe one, or two puka shells. that is not the look i happen to be going for. i finally found one i really liked on etsy, and the store owner has some other amazing pieces too.
just another show to add to the roster. matthew mcconaughey and woody harrelson star in true detective, and after watching the season premiere i’m hooked. i usually try to avoid “scary” shows, but i’m sticking this one out.