a few months ago i wrote about one of my favorite bloggers, sincerely, jules, and how much i wish i could look as stylish as her a in sweatshirt. if i could pull of a sweatshirt like she does i would do it all the time.. (currently working on this since i just look like a mess). anyways, i decided to start a series where i’d feature some of my favorite outfits from some of my favorite bloggers. even though i’ve already done a post on jules before, i had to do an updated one. as i mentioned before the only way i can think of to describe her is simply that she is the shit. pardon me, but it’s true. her style is the definition of california cool, and if anyone could push me to wear a pair of high tops with a dress or heels during the day, it’s jules. i love how i talk as if i know her, even though i clearly don’t, but she is one of those bloggers you want to know. i could totally see us hanging out at the beach or browsing the shelves at zara, but that sounds so creepy so i’m going to stop. all in all she seems like a fashion buddy/a friend you’d want at your side, so i’m more than happy to kick off this series with her.
going into my second semester of sophomore year, influenced by the new year, i made a list of things i wanted to do: get up earlier, wear high heels, read more, go on adventures, and so on… at the end of the school year i made another list, which was more realistic and a result of my second semester experiences.
- i can drink coffee… if i add in more than an equal share of milk and vanilla flavoring and ice. lots of ice.
- i am at my most productive when I am listening to certain pandora playlists: oldies and rap. to be more specific: american pie, with or without you, and losing my religion playlist or 99 problems, hypnotize, a$ap rocky, and kanye west and jay-z. can’t study without them.
- i can’t function on less than five hours of sleep. i can try (which I have), but by the end of the day, or nine o’clock, i am seriously struggling.
- i may say i’m going to finally get around to reading books i want to read, but it isn’t happening. that’s what summer’s for. so to all of my books waiting for me in my nook reader, i’m sorry. i’m trying to hurry though.
- classical studies as a minor could not have been a better choice for me. during the times i thought i couldn’t take business classes any longer, roman archaeology or classical mythology was there to keep me sane.
- i am definitely a procrastinator, but a productive one. if i don’t want to finish one assignment i will complete everything else first. it’s bad (but it’s good), but sometimes really bad.
- i might have an “organizational problem.”
- heels ain’t happening. for special occasions, yes, but even putting booties on made me want to wear flats, sandals, or my lo-top converse.
- adventures can happen, but sometimes you just need to go for it. planning may help, but when you’re always doing work there comes the time when you need to let go. this summer i definitely plan on more “adventures”, and next school year i already have a few places to visit.
- yeah, i can eat healthy meals, but it is mostly due to a sweetgreen addiction. i could eat a salad from there every single day. thanks to the sweetgreen app, it makes this addiction easier… so it may be time to delete that.
this past weekend my girlfriends and i slipped away to new york for the weekend before the upcoming hell week known as midterms. after multiple arrival times (some getting in closer to 1 am on saturday morning), we all trekked into the city, pulling off a gracefulness i didn’t know was possible… if you noted any sarcasm in the last sentence, you’re correct, i felt like a bag lady. either way, this past weekend was one of the best of my life. we traveled the whole entire city, visiting beloved new york spots, got a taste of new york night life (which won’t be mentioned here, other than the fact that nicknames were made due to our nightlife experiences), stuffed ourselves with food, and shopped only a little bit, i swear! one thing i did appreciate was being able to experience true winter weather, bone-biting cold and all, but i can’t say that my west coast and southern friends felt the same, especially after “losing” their coats a.k.a they were stolen. so in typical cheesy fashion, in the words of frank sinatra “it’s up to you, new york, new york”, and after this weekend i congratulate you new york on fulfilling your duty as the greatest city in the world.
once the school year begins in dc, i literally countdown until it truly feels like fall. this past week that happened. the weather has shifted, sweaters are needed, i can drink pumpkin spice chai lattes, and the leaves are changing colors. the following are the few things i love about my favorite season
here are a few of my favorite outfits this week… i can’t get enough of brooklyn blonde’s look or the atelier’s outfit (already have an outfit inspired by it!)
on a final note, can we all just admire that asos gold sequin skirt on brooklyn blonde? that outfit is truly perfection.
A great dress is sometimes hard to find, but I’ve found it in this Zara dress. The coral color is gorgeous in person, the cut is great, and I love the material. There’s a body con dress underneath the chiffon layer and a gorgeous open back with a gold clasp at the neck. The cleavage area has a v-neck and then a chiffon v-neck layering on top so not too much is exposed! I added some gold spiked cuffs with pastel rhinestones from Zara, gold Sam Edelman gladiators, and some bronzed eye makeup.
Looking around my favorite sits online always leads to me lusting after multiple items, bookmarking them so I can wait and see if they go on sale. There’s nothing like wishful thinking!